1.President Pratibha Patil, Supreme Commander of the armed forces, recently witnessed one of the largest military exercises in recent times in the deserts near Barmer in Rajasthan, helmed by the Southern Army Command and the South Western Air Command. The exercise was known as-
2. A total lunar eclipse is expected to be observed in December, the second time the Earth will cast a long shadow over the Moon in 2011. In 2011 itself, the previous lunar eclipse was observed in which one of the following days?
3. Which one of the following public sector Navaratna undertakings has received the ‘National Award for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (2011)' under the Best Employer category?
Bharat Electronic Limited.
4. Ranbaxy Laboratories recently announced to launch of its generic version of Caduet, used for treating cardio vascular diseases, as part of an agreement with Pfizer Inc in which one of the countries given below?
5. Sandeep Singh captured a second gold medal as he won the 400 metres event in the T46 category with a timing of 51.65 seconds in the International Wheelchair and Amputee Sports (IWAS) Games in which he had earlier won the 200 metres gold. The Games ware held at which one of the following places?
6. C.S. Verma, the Chairman which one of the following companies, was conferred the CEO of the Year 2011 award under public sector category at a function held in New Delhi, which has been instituted by the Indian Institute of Materials Management?
Steel Authority of India Limited.
7. The former West Bengal Governor, Gopalkrishna Gandhi, recently has been appointed Chairman of which one of the organizations given below?
8. Which one of the films given below, won the Golden Lamp Tree Award with a cash prize of Rs. 4 lakh in the fourth international competition of the Short Film Centre at the 42nd International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa?
9. Distinguished academic Noam Chomsky is among a group of high-profile international figures, including British MPs and former Olympians, who have written to Lord Sebastian Coe, Chairman of London Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games (Locog), urging him to drop Dow Chemical Company as a sponsor of the London Games because of
its link to the 1984 Union Carbide Bhopal gas tragedy.
10. Russia recently has supplied ship-killer missiles to which one of the following countries in defiance of the growing western demands for an arms embargo against the regime of President of the country?
11. Indian-born American physician Siddhartha Mukherjee's Pulitzer-winning “biography” of cancer, ‘The Emperor of All Maladies’, has won the prestigious ‘Guardian’ First Book award beating four formidable contenders. He is Assistant Professor in which one of the universities given below?
12. Who among the given Global football icons were officially unveiled as the ambassador for the organizing committee of the 2014 World Cup, to be hosted by Brazil?
13. Chinatrust Commerical Bank, the only Taiwanese bank operating in India, has been given permission by the Reserve Bank of India, to open its second branch in India. The location of the new branch will be at which one of the following cities?
14. The 15th Asia and the Pacific Regional Meeting (ARPM) of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) got underway amid concerns of huge unemployment among youth in the region, a widening gender gap and the promise of green jobs, at which one of the following cities?
15. Standard & Poor's Ratings Services recently has revised its outlook on which one of the following companies, to stable from positive though it has affirmed its ‘BB-' long-term corporate credit rating and ‘BB-' issue rating on the company's senior unsecured notes?
16. Math wizard Anand Kumar, who has won accolades for his initiative to train poor students for IIT-JEE, has figured in an international list of 20 pioneering teachers of the world. Mr. Kumar and his Super 30 initiative is the only entry from India in the select list published by Monocle, a magazine published from which one of the following countries?
17. Readers of international travel magazine ‘Condé Nast Traveller’ have voted which city of Rajasthan as the “best leisure destination” in India, opening up the desert State's tourism sector to the globetrotters and package tour operators in a big way?
18. Who is heading the five-member Empowered Committee that is constituted to go into the safety of the Mullaperiyar dam in Kerala?
19. Which one of the following countries has overtaken India to take the title of the ‘Diabetes Capital of the World', going by the latest figures revealed by the 5th edition of Diabetes Atlas?
20. Steel Authority of India (SAIL) is likely to finalise, a joint venture with Kobe Steel for a 0.5 million tonne mill in West Bengal to manufacture special grade steel. The Kobe Steel belongs to which one of the following countries?