1. Which of the following became the first smoke free state in India?
(a) Sikkim (b) Himachal Pradesh (c) Uttarakhand (d) None of these
2. Lightest element:- Hydrogen
Only Metal liquid at room temperature:- Hg Mercury
Tungsten symbol –W
Element with maximum number of compounds –Carbon ( due to catenation)
3. Which of the following became the Ist Asian Country to sign Free Trade Agreement with European Union?
(a) South Korea (b) China (c) India (d) None of these
4.The Emissary’ is the book authored by:
(a) Tarun Tejpal b) Vinod Mehta (c) Aniruddh Bahl (d) None of these
5. Who is the new PM of Netherlands?
(a) Mark Ruttea (b) Bill Carey (c) Thakshin Sinawatra (d) None of these
6. Who is the new PM of Kosovo?
(a) Hashim Taci (b) N K Name Krumoh (c) Jose Borosso d) None of these
7. Who is the chairman of National Democratic Front of Bodoland?
(a) Paresh Barna (b) Aravind Rajakhowa (c) Ranjan Daimary (d) None of these
8.. With which of the following countries India has not signed civil nuclear agreement?
(a) Namibia (b) Sweden c) Mongolia (d) Argentina
9.. Who is the PM of Sweden?
(a) Fredrick Rainfeldt (b) Silvio Berlusconi (c) Garry Wanders (d) None of these
10.. APEC Summit in November 2010 was held at :
(a) Yokohama (b) Sydney (c) Singapore (d) Busan
11. Which public sector bank was the banking partner in Commonwealth Games 2010?
(a) Central Bank of India (b) State Bank of India (c) Bank of Baroda (d) None of these
12. Who is the new vice chief of army staff?
(a) V.K. Singh (b) A.S. Lamba (c) C. Shekhawat (d) None of these
13. Who has became the vice president of ICC?
(a) Ehsaan Mani (b) John Mulford (c) Alan Isaac (d) Molcom Speed
14. Who is the Director General of National Investigation Agency ?
(a) R.V. Raju (b) Ved Marwah (c) K.F. Rustomji (d) Sharad Chandra Sinha
15. Who is the Director of National Security Guard?
(a) R.K. Medhekar (b) J.K Dutt (c) B.K. Banerjee (d) None of these
16. Who of the following Indian got the Australia Day achievement medal 2010?
(a) V.P. Unnikrishnan (b) Sandeep Pandey (c) Vandana Shiva (d) None of these
17. Which of the following country became the 187th member of IMF?
(a) Marshall Islands (b) Tuvalu (c) Fiji (d) None of these
18. India’s second National Institute of Design will come up at which of the following
(a) Amethi (b) Jorahat (c) Aizowl (d) Itanagar
19. Benghazi is a port of :
(a) Libya (b) Yemen (c) Egypt (d) None of these
20. Jakhol Sankri Hy dro Electric Project has been commissioned at
(a) Uttarakhand (b) Himachal Pradesh (c) J&K (d) Arunachal Pradesh
21 ‘Home Boy’ is a novel written by
(a) H M Naqvi (b) H S Narula (c) Anand Sarkar d) Stephen Lipsett
22. Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in 2011 was held at:
(a) Jaipur (b) New Delhi (c) Ujjain (d) Varanasi
23. 98th Indian Science Congress in January 2011 was held at:
(a) Chennai (b) Kharagpur (c) Kanpur (d) Delhi
Ans – a
24. Who of the following is the present Lokayukta of Karnataka:
(a) N Vittal (b) Santosh Hegde (c) Yashwant Sonawane(d) None of these
25 .Georgia’s capital is to be shifted from Tbilisi to
(a) Akhan (b) Yeren (c) Kutaisi (d) Chisinau
26.Which country topped the Terrorism Risk Index in 2010:
(a) Somalia b) Samoa (c) Jamaica (d) Iraq
27. Which district is going to be named after Indira Gandhi?
(a) Medak (b) Rai Bareli
(c) Chikmaglur (d) Bellary
28. Who received the Elis Island Medal of Honour in 2010?
(a) Dalai Lama (b) Zinedine Zidene
(c) Rao Anumlu (d) B K Varghese
29. Enam Securities is to be purchased by:
(a) Union Bank of India (b) BNP Paribas
(c) ANZ Grindlays (d) Axis Bank
30. Which famous personality bagged the Man of Peace Award in 2010?
(a) Roberto Baggio (b) Diegs Maradona
(c) Pope John Paul II (d) None of these
31. Who is the new National Security Advisor of United States?
(c) W Singham (b) Thomas Donilon
(a) Colin Powell (b) Larry Page
32. Who is the new president of UN General Assembly?
(a) Joseph Deiss (b) Hans Rasmus Sen
(c) Leon Panetta (d) None of these
33. Luka and Fire of Life is the latest book by:
(a) Arun Som (b) Salman Rushdie
(c) Vikram Seth (d) None of these
34. What is the name of India’s latest and Seventh Super Computer?
(a) Annapurna (b) Param
(c) Pinak (d) None of these
35. Tembli became the first village in India to get UID. In which state it is located?
(a) Andhra Pradesh (b) Chattisgarh
(c) Maharashtra (d) None of these
36. Who has been declared the ‘Business Leader of the year’ in Economic Times Corporate Excellence wards 2010?
(a) Aditya Puri (b) N Nrayanmurthy
(c) Azim Premji (d) Mukesh Ambani
37. What is the mascot of 2011 cricket world cup?
(a) Hoho (b) Cobe
(c) Stumpy (d) None of these
38. SAF (South Asian Federation) games in 2012 will be held at
(a) Kathmandu (b) Delhi
(c) Bangalore (d) None of these
39. Agni III was launched from which of the following places:
(a) Wheeler Island (b) Sriharikota
(c) Bikaner (d) None of these
40. Who of the following is the Chairperson of National Green Tribunal?
(a) Lokeshwar Singh Parata (b) Anil Pandey
(c) K Vijay Kumar (d) None of these
41. Which Indian Company is slated to buy the English football club Blackburn?
(a) U B groups (b) RPG
(c) Videocon (d) Vicky
Ans : d
42. Who is the Union Minister of Corporate Affairs?
(a) Murali Deora (b) Jaipal Reddy
(c) C P Joshi (d) M S Gill
43.. Who is the new President Elect of BCCI?
(a) Chirayu Amin (b) Jyotiraditya Schindia
(c) Shashank manohar (d) Jagmohan Dalmia
44. Karrar is the unmaned bomber aircraft of which country?
(a) Iran (b) Syria
(c) Israel (d) None of these
45.. Who is the CMD of Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited?
(a) S K Jain (b) Harsh Marital
(c) Oskar Singh (d) None of these
46. Who is the Director of Intelligence Bureau?
(a) Rajeev Mathur (b) Nehchal Sandhu
(c) Saikat Dutta (d) None of these
47. Ramagundanar thermal power project is in which state?
a) Andhra Pradesh (b) Tamil Nadu
(c) Kerala (d) Karnataka
48. Project Big Green has been initiated by which company?
(a) Microsoft (b) Apple
(c) Infosys (d) IBM
49. Vansadhara River dispute is between which states?
(a) Orissa and Andhra Pradesh (b) Karnataka and Tamil Nadu
(c) Kerala and Tamil Nadu (d) None of these
50. Who is the Chairperson of National Housing Board?
(a) B N Kapoor (b) Mata Prasad
(c) R B Verma (d) None of these